Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Detox Cleanse Day 3

I am on my third day of a Detox Cleanse. I'm sure many of you wonder, what exactly is a Detox Cleanse? Essentially, it is fasting (meaning not consuming food) in combination with assisting the body to eliminate toxins.

A good cleansing program should always begin by removing colon waste since the colon is last portion of the food processing chain and the largest area for storage of all sorts of garbage. It's disturbing how much mucus, heavy metal, gal stones, bile, foreign particles, and toxins will start coming out of your body during a cleanse. But it's also amazing. By cleaning the bowels, you can then clean your liver, blood, and lymphatic system. The result is an incandescence, a lightness, and an entire new relationship with the food you choose to eat.

On this cleanse, I am drinking a "shake" of Bentonite Clay mixed with Psyllium Husk about 3 or four times a day. Drinking this on an empty stomach allows the Bentonite Clay to absorb toxins and the Psyllium Husk husks to scrub out the corners of the intestines.





To help with the elimination of toxins one can use several options:

1. Colonic

2. Enema (there are different enema recipes) i.e. coffee to cleanse the liver, lemon for antiseptic, or garlic for anti-candida.

3. Taking alkalising minerals or foods i.e. a broth prepared by boiling potato skins

4. Drinking LOTS of water

5. Salt water flushes

6. Steam rooms / Saunas followed by Cold Baths or Cold Showers

7. Lymphatic Massage

8. Yoga

9. Reiki


To help ease the side-effects of the detoxing process I have been using the tools listed above. The most inspiration to me was a Reiki session. The power of healing energy is immense and I do not want anyone to allow his or her own Prana (internal energy) be affected negatively by the hands of the wrong person. So, do not search at random for a healer. Instead, go to someone on a referral basis.

During my session with Reiki Master Georges, he hooked me up to electrodes (to create a internal currency which is known to kill candida) and performed traditional Reiki. During the session, with my eyes closed, I went to many places. Various colours and images and sounds and sensations emerged. It was other worldly. After the treatment, I was subdued. Relaxation and silence was my demeanour for the rest of the day. 



Geroges is a very powerful healer - although he would never call himself that! During a brief chat afterwards, he told me that he draws his energy from the ocean. This was amazing because during the treatment on several occasions I felt and saw rain, wetness, the ocean, diving, and waves. 

Since arriving in Koh Samui, I too have been inspired to draw energy from both the ocean and the moon during Yoga, Meditation, and Swimming. The effect of this interaction has been a calming serenity. Something I can't really explain.






No comments:

Post a Comment